Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, for which we could earn a commission. This does not change the price you would pay.
The Apple Pencil for the Apple iPad Pro makes this elegant and professional tablet much more usable.
The iPad Pro is perhaps the best tablet manufactured by Apple so far. However, because of its large screen, it is some times difficult to use your finger or fingers to perform many of the more common actions. This is when the Apple Pencil for iPad Pro becomes an essential productivity accessory.
It works almost like a magic wand that perfectly complements your iPad Pro. It was first introduced at an additional cost, which resulted in everybody criticizing Apple as most people expected that the Pencil should be bundled with the iPad Pro. However, having evaluated its performance, most Apple Pencil users are now convinced that its price tag is justified.
In order to start using your new Apple Pencil for iPad Pro, you have to “pair it” with your iPad Pro. This allows your Pencil to control your iPad. As the Pencil is battery powered, you can also monitor the battery level. Once you have finish using the Pencil, you can also unpair it from your iPad.
How Do I Pair My Apple Pencil with My iPad Pro?
- Take the Cap off the top of your Apple Pencil
- Connect the lightning connector of your Pencil with the lightning port of your iPad. A dialog box will appear on your iPad Pro screen
- Tap on the “Pair” button to connect the your Pencil with your iPad Pro.
You are only allowed pair your Pencil with one iPad Pro. Pairing it with another will result in it being unpaired from the first.
How Do I Unpair My Apple Pencil from My iPad Pro?
- Open the Settings app on your iPad Pro.
- Tap on the Bluetooth Manager.
- Under My Devices, tap on the (i) button, which is located on the right side of Apple Pencil.
- Tap on Forget.
How Do I Check My Apple Pencil For iPad Pro Battery Level?
The Apple Pencil does not have its own battery level indicator; you must use your iPad Pro to determine the battery level.
- From the Home screen of your iPad Pro, swipe down from the top of the screen in order to display the Notification Center.
- Tap on the Widgets icon.
The battery level of your Pencil will be displayed in the battery section on the right side.
How Do I Charge My Apple Pencil?
You can charge your Pencil either directly from your iPad Pro or by using a lightning adapter.
Using your iPad Pro
- Remove your Pencil’s cap.
- Insert your Pencil’s lightning connector into your iPad Pro’s lightning port.
Using a lightning adapter
- Insert your Pencil’s lightning connector into the lightning adapter.
- Plug the lightning adapter into the lightning cable.
Using your iPad Pro to charge your Pencil should be regarded as a short term measure. You are advised to charge your Pencil overnight by using a lightning adapter. If you are in a hurry, a 15-secondcharge can give you 30 minutes of usage.